Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The ZEN calendar said the blue sky and sunshine was a miracle and it wasn't kidding!

Mommy came down to visit rather early today and was very energetic and chipper. She told me that her Zen calendar said that the blue sky, sunshine, fresh air, et al. was a miracle. Naturally, I am skeptical about some of the things Mommy says as she can be a bit "lofty" at times. Nevertheless, she tethered me outside while she raked leaves down the hill and tidied up my outside space. (Mind you, the humans believe this to be their space, which is ridiculous. Anything they might choose to plant or install can be swiftly rooted straight up with my swiss army snout. Those humans - so silly!)

Well, this time Mommy was telling the truth. The outdoor conditions were most agreeable and inspired me to take a walk down the road with Mommy. We met up with the two new kids from across the street and their Mum. The small one wasn't too quick... he kept putting his wee hand periously close to my powerful jaws. His mother kept warning him, yet somehow his short term memory couldn't process this information of great import. Of course I wouldn't bite the child but I do need healthy respect with regard to my greater powers and intelligence.

I spent nearly all day outside and when I did go back indoors, Mommy left the window open so I could continue enjoying the fresh air. Funny that, it's January 24 and the weather was like a fresh spring day. Hmmmm....maybe there are miracles.

Maggie continues to increase her presence and proximity with each passing day. I alternate between these two emotions: 1) "I can't be bothered, grunt!" or 2) "Sniff, you aren't so bad after all. Maybe we *can* get along". Of course you, dear reader, know that the former is merely a scare tactic to keep healthy respect and alpha pig status intact. I do quite like her, actually. She's spunky, cute, has very soft fur and beautiful brown eyes. Oh, but that barking *must* stop. To say the barking is annoying is to give it credit. Perhaps as she grows older the noise will taper off. I am crossing my hooves.

Okay, it's been a long (yet wonderful) day and I am knackered. After Daddy takes me outside for my last potty duty I am going to trot right over to my pigloo, snuggle in and have a nice long rest. That is, until I get up to check the food area. You never know, right??

No comments: