Saturday, July 26, 2008

i know, i know!

i am not the best blogger in the world. this i freely admit. i do have some barriers to daily blogging; the first being i can no longer use a human keyboard to hoof in my words (my hooves, while still quite feminine are a bit too large for the keys.) and, as far as i know, porcine keyboards are a bit thin on the ground. Second, i have to wait for mummy to take dictation and get my words on the blog. mummy doesn't mind, but she is very busy indeed. she keeps saying "no rest for the wicked!". i have no idea what that may mean, but she sounds like a broken record. she says i sound like a broken record when i talk about food! the nerve!

speaking of thin, (me? i've always been svelte!), my hair has almost completely blown out. i'm looking a bit bedraggled but the feel off the cool breeze on the skin is heavenly. i've been hearing rumblings that mummy and daddy are planning an inpromptu bath for me later this weekend. you, my dear friends, know that i am not a fan of running water or baths. not a fan! so when the time rolls around, you shall hear me squealing from the depths of my razorback lungs! that said, i always feel better after a quick bathing session. and i do enjoy the bit where i'm all soapy and daddy can't keep hold of me. that is indeed amusing. snort!

so, back to this nakedness of mine. i feel at this juncture it's quite appropriate that i shed the winter bristles and move into my summer look, which as you may have guessed, is au natural. i do look even more svelte (if i could possibly look any better than i already do-pffff!) without the bristles. and because i am such a fan of rooting, the clay colored soil does tend to make my white bristles less than glowing (not to mention what it does to my swiss army snout!) all part of being a busy porcine diva, i'm afraid. hazards of being moi. oh, the responsibilities of being a gorgeous and intelligent sentient being!

all of you know i adore the two dogs mummy and daddy got for me, but sometimes even the best piggy mama needs a break. daddy was a bit careless yesterday and left the top door open, giving my maggie and millie free run of the house. somewhat of a worry for daddy, but a very welcome break for me. i was able to enjoy my outside lair, chomp on the hay and root at will with no interference from my pets! i do love them, but they often mistake my rooting areas as hiding places for their bones and other bits and bobs. when this happens, they become deep pits. my puppies take their front legs and use their paws 'n' claws to dig, dig, dig. well, i don't dig. i root. and pigs that root are destined to fall into pits their pets dig. need i say "oops?" occasionally the pits become so deep that extracting myself is, well let's just say "less than graceful." they do have so much fun though, i don't dare rain on their bone parade.

and since it is the weekend, the girls are upstairs with mummy and daddy (i reckon mummy is way upstairs doing schoolwork) so i can once again enjoy the pig-lair as though it were my own private piggie-spa. ooooh! i'm going to have a quick dip in my baby pool whilst i snack upon fresh crudites. au revoir, mon petites!!

(and a big shout out and gigantic ups to mummy for helping out her porcine diva with her communiques!)

No comments: