Sunday, March 09, 2008

so sorry, my pets...it's been a cold winter and my hooves are just too slippery to type most days...

oh, woe is me. i have been in the cold, cold winter for too long now. mercifully, my mummy and daddy have outfitted my pigloo with all manner of polarfleece blankies from ikea. in fact, there seems to be an endless supply. mummy checks the pigloo frequently and if she decides there is a dearth of blankies, she unwraps more and in they go! i have to admit, i love chewing them to shreds and wrestling into them like a wee birdie makes a nest. this practice does, however, make getting out of the pigloo quickly an arduous task. most days i don't have to survey the area...i wake up before my sisters come down for the day and i wrap up tightly as soon as i get my last few carrots of the day and say goodnight to mummy, daddy, maggie and millie. but if there is a bump in the night or something else i have to investigate on short notice, i emerge from the pigloo looking like i am bandaged from snout to hoof. i must look a mess!

i mention the cold because i have been a wee bit naughty this winter. mummy has purchased three beautiful coats for me, which i have worn (and they looked fabulous, of course!). unfortunately, when the weather gets warm again, i cannot bear the extra warmth and if mummy and daddy aren't around to help remove said coat, i have no choice but to wrangle it off in any way i can. this practice led to the demise of three winter coats. i don't know how we are going to manage if it gets colder again, because the coats are rather expensive and mummy says that if i am cold it would be better to hang out in the pigloo. so that's what i have been doing. i am going to try and draw a picture of a coat that i think will keep me warm and also allow me to remove it once the temperature raises again. i think i'll make that my weekend project.

it was snowing today! it was very pretty. the snowflakes would float around in the air and then drift back and forth until they hit the ground where they instantly disappeared. i recall not so long ago we had snow that lasted for a few days. the neighborhood was filled with snowpeople, snowforts, huge snowballs and even an igloo. the kids were happiest not because of the snow, but because school was cancelled. and i must admit, the noise level out of doors resembled the summer months...when the kids are out all the time.

ahhh, summer is on its way. mummy's daffodils have poked their green spikes through the ground and some are even sporting beautiful yellow heads. she has been kind of sad lately, but i noticed that the daffodils made her very happy. she received a special lamp that her doctor prescribed and daddy is hoping the extra light will make her happier too. she certainly does perk up on a sunny day! don't we all?

i can't wait for summer. it's when i blowout!!! for the uninitiated, when i blowout, i lose all my hair. i like it because mummy can give me a proper bath and get all the itchy dry skin feeling better. please do not confuse the last comment with me actually enjoying having a bath. i don't like it at all, but sometimes one has to soldier on if it means something will be better in the end.

i have heard talk of mummy and daddy and my sisters moving to the uk. i know that i cannot go; and i will be so sad to be separated from them. but everyone assures me that they are doing their very best to find a family that will love me as much as they do. they want to find a family that will let them get updates about me, because we will always be family, no matter where we live or if we are together or apart. i know mummy is very sad about this development, but as a three year old, it might be my time to move on to another home with more space. mind, i am not complaining about my space here...i have indoor space with my pigloo, a deck with a roof, a sun deck, and a very large outside yard with heaps of straw and my kiddie pool. i would just like to have more family, and maybe different kinds of sisters and brothers. i dearly love my maggie and millie, but they are just one kind of sibling. i've always dreamed of having a family with sheep, horses, chickens, ducks, or any other kind of animal. actually, what i would really like is to have a new home that is as loving as the one i have now. i have my hooves crossed and i know my family is thinking very very good thoughts for me.

and now i hear the family getting into their beds for the night, so i should probably start nesting into the pigloo right about now.

please let me know, dear friends, if you know of a lovely place where i can live and be able to write emails and letters to mummy, daddy, maggie and millie once they arrive in the uk. i want to know how they are getting on, and i am certain they want to keep in touch with me, their favorite porcine diva.

do have a pleasant evening all of you...and as i just said to my family..."sweet dreams!"

grunt...grunt...snort!

No comments: