Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Freedom!

Thoughts poured through my head all day long about all the yummy food I was going to be served. I wasn't disappointed; not only was my pig-chow as good as ever, I also had some roma tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce. Mommy cuts all the vege in small bits so I just have to hunt for my favourites and eat those first. Of course I save the lettuce for last. It's not the tastiest comestible in the world but it is certainly crunchy and refreshing.

Today I was let out of my play-yard almost all day! I don't know what gives -- I will have to do some reconnaissance and get back to you. I wish I had been able to go outside more; my freedom was limited to the middle floor of the house most of the time. When I actually did get outside, I made it a point to track down all my favourite rooting spots and revisit them. The other day I thought Mommy was going to have a conniption; all because I was rooting in a particularly good place and I was up to my eyes in dirt. It was heaven in earth. I was so happy about it I actually laid down to roll around a bit...and that is when Mommy yelped. I wonder if my bath the day before had anything to do with her mood? Oh well. Can't please everyone all the time now, can we?

Tonight Mommy rubbed me behind my ear very softly for a long time which put me into a very comfortable sleep. Naturally, I will get up a few times during the night to check my food area (you never know when food might show up!) and then get some more shut-eye.

More on food and freedom in future posts.

No comments: